Marshall Slocum Inn New Port Rhode Island
Named in Yankee Magazine’s “Best of New England – Editors’ Choice” as the 2011 Best Rhode Island Bed and Breakfast,
The Marshall Slocum Inn proudly welcomes you to the wonderful and charming city of Newport, Rhode Island. All of our Guest Rooms are outfitted with period antiques, nautical artwork, and lush linens.
Amenities include private baths, Gilchrist and Soames toiletries, terry cloth bathrobes, and simple touches to make your stay with us enjoyable and comfortable. Some of our rooms also feature whirlpools or fireplaces. Outside, enjoy over an acre of tree lined grounds, a large back deck overlooking manicured gardens, and a relaxing front porch. All of the outdoor areas provide our guests with a quiet recluse to relax after a day of touring the Newport Mansions, harbor, shops, restaurants and beaches that are only steps away from the Inn.Enjoy distinctively decorated guest rooms all with private bathrooms.
From New York:
- Take Interstate 95 North to exit 3 in Rhode Island for Route 138 East
- Follow blue road signs for the Newport Bridge. You will go over the Jamestown Bridge and then the Newport Toll Bridge.
- Take the first exit off of the Newport Bridge. Take a right at the bottom of the off ramp.
- At the second traffic light turn right where road forks. America’s Cup Avenue begins there.
- America’s Cup will turn left by the harbor/wharf area and turn into Memorial Boulevard at a traffic light. Follow Memorial uphill less than a half-mile and turn left at your second traffic light (Bellevue Avenue).
- Proceed on Bellevue and turn right onto Kay Street at the first traffic light. The Hotel Viking and the sign for Kay Street will be on your left side at the turn.
- The Marshall Slocum Guest House is 9 houses down Kay Street on the right side.
- Pull into the driveway and proceed to the rear of the house past the garage for parking.
Approximately 3 hours
29 Kay Street
Newport, Rhode Island 02840
1 800) 372-5120